Boarding your horse at our private facility which rests on 24 private acres of gently rolling pastureland, you can expect a safe and comfortable environment for your horse and peace of mind for you. Our barn is professionally run by our barn manager Heather Brown, and Owner Danielle Tursky, together they make sure that all the horses are happy and healthy.
- What makes us different from many barns is our attention to detail and our extra effort to keep your horse happy.
- We offer full board with large 12×12 stalls, and daily turnout. Horses have fresh water at all times, fed twice daily and are properly cared for by the highest standards.
- We feed a custom designed feed, which is an alfalfa-based formula with 12% protein, 10% fat and 12% fiber designed for mature horses in moderate to intense performance and show activities. Rice bran, black sunflower seeds and flaxseed pellets are added if requested to provide increased essential fatty acid content and higher caloric density. Organic trace minerals, yeast culture and added amino acids support optimal muscle function. Only the best for our horses!
- THERAPLATE on site
Our services include:
- Turn out and turn in
- Mineral blocks in fields
- Use of all facilities – including laundry facility!
- Fly mask/blanket changes
- Ceiling fans with light fixtures in each stall
- We also offer pasture board, with the same standard of care as above but at a discounted price.
Full Board: $550/month in main barn
Full Board: $450/month in shed row stalls
Pasture board: $200/month april-october (250 winter months) plus cost of grain
- Medical/stall board: 1000/month Includes daily medical attention, stall rest, hand walking, bandage changes, unlimited THERAPLATE use, hot/cold hosing, massage by certified massage therapist.
- private turnout: add $100/month to any of the above board rates (excluding medical board)
Horses may come to the farm on consignment where a variety of services are offered depending upon your individual specific needs. On average we have sold consignment horses in under 2-3 months. Our service does all the leg-work that is required to complete a sale.
The farm assists buyers in finding the appropriate horse or assists sellers in marketing their horse by making contact with numerous professionals in the sport. 10% commission (“finders fee”) is due on purchased horses that are brokered by Second Chance Thoroughbreds.
Consignment board is $1000 that entails stabling, feed, handling, grooming, training rides, electronic and hardcopy marketing/advertising, video and photography. Consignment horses will be ridden and trained 5-6 days per week. Owner pays for competitions and schooling fees. Commission fee of 20% is due upon final sale.
1. Each horse before entering the property must show VALID proof that the horse has had a Flu/Rhino/EWT shot within one year, and a Strangles Vaccination within 6 months of arrival. If you cannot show proof of these vaccinations, they will be administered upon arrival and will be billed to the owner on the following vet bill.
2. A current Coggins and Health cert are required as well.